USA ROAD TRIP - PART 2 - GRAND CANYON ARIZONA

A mere two and a half hours is what separates Sin City and this amazing full-on working ranch in the heart of Arizona.
The Grand Canyon Ranch is definitely one of the highlights of our trip. We both absolutely loved it. After the hectic five days in Vegas it was so nice to just relax for two days in the middle of the Arizona desert. It’s a real ranch with real cowboys and very basic accommodation (no internet or TV) and it feels like you’re back in the 1800’s Wild West.





















The Ranch has a total of ten cabins and 5 tipis and there are coats and cowboy boots for you to wear while you’re there which I thought it was very cool as I’m a huge fan of cowboy boots!
No need to use an alarm, cows and horses did the job every morning by standing just outside our cabin.

On our second day we decided to visit the Grand Canyon and on our way we made a quick stop at the Hualapai Ranch were we got to shoot a gun, work with lasses and other fun activities. The drive to the Canyon is amazing, just like in films!

















I have never been scared of highs, in fact, I love highs, roller coasters, etc so I never, in a million years, would I imagined the Grand Canyon to have the effect it had on me. It’s so high you can’t even see the bottom and the fact that there are no safety barriers, nets or anything just made my stomach sick. We got told that people die every day trying to get photos.
The view of course is breath taking!









After we returned to the Ranch we got on our horses and rode for about an hour to see the buffalos. That was an amazing experience. There are only around 500 of them left in America so it was a great opportunity to see them in their natural habitat. At sunset we went back to the ranch for the campfire were we toasted marshmallows and cowboy Dave sang cowboy songs (he even played ‘dead or alive’ for me!) and told us stories about the old West. It’s a great place to meet everyone else staying at the ranch! 













So the Grand Canyon Ranch was an amazing experience that I recommend to everyone travelling around the area.
Have I mentioned we drove a Convertible Mustang? It’s the coolest car I’ve ever been in!
After two nights we drove back to Las Vegas for one more night and we stayed at the Caesar’s Palace Hotel. Our room was one of the best hotel rooms I have ever been to in my entire life. It even had a TV in the bathroom mirror! Crazy! The views weren’t too bad either.








Next stop: San Francisco!





2 comments:

  1. These pictures are amazing! I really want to go on a roadtrip through the USA one day! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such an amazing experience, I'm not sure how i'd quite cope without TV & internet but looks like it would be so much fun to do

    Belle x Part of Belle's world

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.