Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation Review




I have been using MAC Studio Fix for about two years now and I love it. Every now and then I have to stop using it for a couple of months as it seems to make my skin very dry especially around my forehead. When I'm not using MAC I like to use Max Factor Miracle Touch but with only six shades available is quite hard to match my olive skin during winter months so I decided to look for a slightly cheaper option those few weeks of the years where I don't seem to be able to use either of my favorite foundations.

I had been looking for a cheap foundation for quite a while when I came across a few reviews about Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. The three reviews by different bloggers were great and all of them seemed to have found the perfect foundation so of course I gave it a go hoping I'd find exactly what I was looking for.

I was a bit hesitant at the beginning as I've never been a fan of Rimmel foundations or concealers but with those reviews I thought maybe this one would be different. I was wrong.

I purchased this foundation for £8.99 in Boots. I first noticed the smell, although it's not the worst one I've smelled, it's not very nice. The texture is quite similar to the MAX foundation I use just slightly thinner. It didn't cover my redness around my nose and I had to put more than one coat to cover it, using a lot of product in one go.
I also felt like it was way too shimmery and I almost looked like certain vampire in the sunlight. I made the mistake of wearing it to work without trying it properly at home first and I must say I avoided mirrors the whole day. I looked orange and cakey and by midday I barely had anything left in my face.

Overall, I did not like this foundation at all. Maybe if you have very good skin with no redness or spots to hide it'd work well on you but if you're anything like me and have everything (dry in some places, oily in others, spots and redness) I definitely do not recommend it.

I guess I will have to keep looking for affordable yet amazing foundations. Any suggestions? Have you tried this foundation? Did you like it or hated it like me?

xxx

6 comments:

  1. I'm always on the look out for cheap foundations too. I used a fab elf one but then my skin became dry (due to winter weather i think) which made me not get on with it x

    www.seeonebuyone.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried any ELF foundations... Yeh, my skin seems to be so dry in winter is so hard to find something that looks nice :(

      Delete
  2. I have this foundation too and I like it although I'm not a fan of the glitter in it x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the honest review. Can't say I've tried it

    Made in Mauve // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say, I got on really well with this foundation :P Their lasting finish 25 hr foundation is good, really covers redness, and has a pretty matte, non-shimmery finish :)

    Georgina
    Makeup-Pixi3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Lucky! I know a couple of people that love it but it just wasn't for me at all! Might have to try this one you said tho! :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.