WEDDING SERIES 1 - THE PERFECT VENUE


I am very happy to tell you all that we've finally found our venue for the wedding and we now have a date for September next year!

I believe the most stressful thing about planning a wedding is getting started and to get started you need first of all the venue. Without a venue you can't book a registrar, focus on decorations, food and even your dress.
In our case, we wanted something very rustic like a barn or a big cottage in the middle of a field and since we got engaged in June we've looked everywhere! We even took the car one day and drove for hours trying to find the perfect place with no luck.

There are a few things you need to consider before booking your venue:
  • 1.      Do you want to have the ceremony and the reception in the same place?
  • 2.      How many guests are you inviting for the breakfast and for the evening party?
  • 3.      What’s your wedding style?
  • 4.      Do they cater for you, and if not, is there a kitchen your caterer can work?
  • 5.      Your budget for the venue & caterer.
  • 6.      Are they willing to make one of the most important days of your live perfect and to your taste?

The venue has to be right. We did not want to just settle for something if it wasn't 100% what we wanted so we took our time, researched a lot, visited hundreds of places and we didn't rush it at all. We both knew we'd know straight away whenever we found it. And that’s exactly what happened.

Last Monday we went to visit Priston Mill in Bath with Jac’s dad and we fell in love as soon as we jumped out the car.

Priston Mill is divided in two sites: the barn and the watermill. The wedding organiser showed us around both venues and I must say I was very very very torn. I absolutely loved both and both of them had something very special in a different way.

The barn was exactly what I’ve always wanted. It’s big, stone build, big garden, etc. The bad thing about the barn was that we weren’t allowed to get married outside, which has always been the way I’ve pictured my wedding since I was a little girl.






The watermill was completely different. I’ve personally never seen anything like it. Right on top of the river you can see it going through underneath the venue letting the water mill do its job. This venue is on two different floors which is great for people that might want to chat instead of dancing, etc.
The best thing about the water mill is the option to get married outside. The gardens are beautiful and a lot bigger than the barn ones. 




So Jac knew what place he liked the most straight away but he would not tell me until I said which one was my favourite. It took me a few hours to decide, I had to choose what it was more important to me; getting married outside or having the reception inside a barn. I finally decided to go for the watermill, hoping really hard that it will be nice weather on the day! The inside of the watermill is beautiful too and very unique!
Luckily enough, it was Jac’s and Jac’s dad favourite too. 

The same night we rang the venue and booked it for September next year.



What do you think of our venue? Which one would have you chosen? Did you have to make sacrifices to get your perfect venue? All comments welcome! <3 



4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. What a hard decision! Both venues were stunning. Exactly the kind of place I would love to get married.

    With each venue being equally beautiful, I think you went with the right choice since getting married outside was what you'd always imagined. :)

    Sara Bloo
    bloonstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so so excited for this!! Probably not as much as you are but... ya me entiendes xDDD
    El sitio es precioso, Montse. Me encanta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mas te vale que vengas! <3 Pidete las vacaciones ya asi no tienen excusa de decirte que no! jaja

      Delete
  3. I am so not getting married anytime soon but I loved this post, it was also really helpful? Your venue is actually beautiful and I am looking forward to the rest of your wedding posts :)

    Lagerfeld Love

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.